Alternatives to the W3C

Dave Winer dave at userland.com
Fri Jan 21 16:00:34 GMT 2000

> This ain't power user stuff in Europe, it's teen stuff. Ericcson
> product-test in Sweden almost entirely with 16-18 year olds.

I beg to differ.

Next week at the World Economic Forum in Davos the hall will be packed with
people with WAP phones.These aren't random European teenagers. Heads of
state, their staff, media leaders, CEOs, bankers.

Imagine editing a website from a laptop in the meeting center, and having a
dozen people in the audience tuned in to your channel. We're going to give
it a try. I'll have wireless access in Davos (Murphy willing) and we will
have a WAP-enabled site that I can edit from my seat in the audience. The
Davos people are really into the technology, but they're not techno-weenies
as some might believe.

It may be a big bust, but it may be pretty interesting! (I'm sure it will
be.)

Dave