Revised XLinks and XPointers chapters

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Jan 22 16:44:21 GMT 2000

I have updated Chapter 16, XLinks, and Chapter 17, XPointers,  of the
XML Bible to cover the latest working draft of XLink published
January 19, 2000. You'll find them at

http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/updates/16.html
http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/updates/17.html

The main change in the XLink chapter was removing all references to the
element based syntax that was eliminated in the last draft. I also
added information about the new semantics of xlink:show and
xlink:actuate and cleaned up the discussion of linkbases and external
link sets. The XPointer chapter didn't change very much. Mostly I
just cleaned up some detritus that had been removed in earlier
working drafts but that I had missed in previous revisions, like the
vertical bar | as an alternative to # in URIs.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |