Attribute normalisation and character entities

Richard Tobin richard at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 15:11:58 GMT 2000

Another strangeness: if my interpretation of section 3.3.3 is right,
and character entities for tab, cr and lf are not normalised to spaces,
then this is a valid NMTOKENS attribute:

  "foo 	 bar"

but is not normalised to have a space character between the two
tokens, which is "obviously" intended.

It seems to me that it would make sense for tab, cr and lf entities to
get normalised to spaces (and then compressed to a single space) for
non-CDATA attributes.

-- Richard

"The Internet is really just a series of bottlenecks joined by high
speed networks." - Sam Wilson