Querying the DOM using XPath

Hunter, David dhunter at Mobility.com
Tue Jan 25 20:00:00 GMT 2000

From: Bob Kline [mailto:bkline at rksystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 1:58 PM

> Boy, it's certainly hard to keep up with all the flux in this
> business!
> Are you saying that XQL is no longer a candidate for the syntax to be
> adopted by the XML Query Language WG?

I'm not sure about that at all.  All I know is that the current MSXML uses a
querying language which Microsoft says is based on the XQL proposal[1], and
that the new parser will be using XPath instead.

I get the impression that XPath replaces XQL, but admit to not following
either of the specs closely enough to be able to answer with authority...

[1] http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/xql.html