Attribute normalisation and character entities

Richard Tobin richard at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 28 01:28:17 GMT 2000

In article <3890DB3C.327AC1B1 at pacbell.net>,
David Brownell <david-b at pacbell.net> wrote:
>The errata preclude that interpretation.  Line end normalization is done
>first, and yet afterwards you can still find a CRLF (or a plain CR) in the
>pre-normalization attribute text.

Oops, I missed that.  I would have expected them to remove the cr-lf->lf
translation if it's already been done; the whole point of it is to
deal with the way operating systems represent line ends, so why do it
twice?

I think we need a formal clarification (at least). Is anyone from the
syntax WG here?

-- Richard

"The Internet is really just a series of bottlenecks joined by high
speed networks." - Sam Wilson