[klee-dev] The license of runtime/klee-libc

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Wed Jun 26 00:56:17 BST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 04:01:40PM -0700, Daniel Dunbar wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Where did you derive the author information from?
>
> If you can verify that the implementations we have are from a particular
> source then we should probably import their license. If we can't verify the
> right source license, then my recommendation would be to try and find BSD
> licensed ones we could import (and include license, if need be).

I took the authorship information from the license comments in these
files. They are all under the 4-clause BSD license, which is quite
problematic for its advertising clause:

 "3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
     software must display the following acknowledgement: This product
     includes software developed by the University of California,
     Berkeley and its contributors."

The NetBSD libc seems to suite our purpose, it's 2- or 3-clause BSD
licensed: ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/lib/libc/
I haven't reviewed the code in question yet, though.

Thanks,
Jonathan