[klee-dev] KLEE development status

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 20:57:24 GMT 2014

>> Is KLEE still under active development?

Yes it is :) . We do development on GitHub now.

>> I see a lot of activity in the klee-dev archives, but KLEE itself seems
>> to require old versions of LLVM and STP, and I wondered what to make of
>> that.  Is there support for MinGW?  I see the MinGW binaries for llvm
>> and llvm-gcc version 2.9 under llvm.org <http://llvm.org>, and I'm
>> working on STP.

Right now you can compile KLEE against LLVM 3.3 and use clang as the
bitcode compiler. We will soon be able to build against LLVM3.4 .
Right now building with LLVM 3.3 passes most of our test suite but
there issues relating to llvm intrinsics that have been added.

If you're making an effort to port STP please use upstream STP [1] and
not the r940 revision that the getting started page uses so that the
community can benefit from any work you do (assuming you want to open
source your changes). STP has changed quite a bit since r940
(different build system) so do not follow the STP build instructions
on the KLEE getting started page but follow the instructions in the
STP repository. Also be aware the upstream STP needs the boost C++
libraries.

[1] https://github.com/stp/stp

Thanks,
Dan.