Resolving links

Andrew Cogan Support at EpiphanySoftware.com
Fri Sep 5 20:37:52 BST 1997

Introductory apology: I'm a newcomer to XML, so forgive me if this topic
has already been covered.

Does/will XML include a way to resolve links by using a mapping table
external to the originating document, or alternatively by calling a
process?

In this scenario, there would either a "library manager" process, or a
registry file containing a list of symbolic document names along with
their physical locations. This would enable a link in document "A" to
refer to document "B" without concern for whether document B's location
is on a CD-ROM, a hard disk, or the Web. It would also allow document
B's location to change over time without invalidating the link in
document A.

--
 Andy Cogan
 Epiphany Software