XML- Data Schema

Usha_R2 at verifone.com Usha_R2 at verifone.com
Fri Aug 28 11:02:35 BST 1998

Hi! All,
  I am very new this XML and do not have much knowledge on it. I know
how to use and write DTDs and XML files. Currently I am validating all
my XML files using MSXML parser for Java. My application is not a web
based application, so I do not use IE 4.0 or 5.0

I want more validation to be built into my system. I want to even check
the data type of the content in the XML file.

for example :

<size> 8 <size>

i.e when I parse it, the parser should give me an error if I have any
thing other than an integer for size. I came to know that using XML-Data
schemas we can specify data types. I have absolutely no idea as to how
to write these schemas and where to put them in the document. Can
anybody please help as to how to go about it and can I still use MSXML
parser for validating my XML files.

Thanks in advance
usha.

K. Usha Rani