C++ XML Parser

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jul 16 11:57:35 BST 1998

* Gang He

>I am currently working on a project which requires to parse big XML
>files(like 10-100MB). I did it by using Java parser from DataChannel.
>But it turns out it is very slow. And the project doesn't allow me to
>convert the java bytecode executables into native executables. So I am
>trying to find a standalone C++ XML parser for Unix.

DXP seems to be much slower than the other XML parsers, and informal
tests done by myself at home had XP parsing documents about 10 times
faster than DXP. (This test was done on only a single large document
and with previous versions of both parsers, so your results may be
different.)

So perhaps you should switch parsers to XP, Lark or AElfred, which
all have comparable speed. (And of course, you've used SAX so that
you can change parsers without changing your code?)

Anyway, you can find a complete list of all free C++ and Java parsers
at <URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/linker/XMLtools.html>

--Lars M.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)