SAX2: Namespace Processing and NSUtils helper class

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Wed Dec 15 18:07:12 GMT 1999

Tim Bray <tbray at textuality.com> writes:

> So I think it would be cleaner to deal with the fact that names can have
> two parts, and not kludge them together with {} marks.  -Tim

So, in other words, we'd have something like this:

  public interface DocumentHandler2 extends DocumentHandler {
    public void startElement (String ns, String name, AttributeList2 atts);
    public void endElement (String ns, String name);
  }

  public interface AttributeList2 extends AttributeList {
    public String [] getName (int i);
    public String getType (int i);
    public String getValue (int i);
    public String getType (String ns, String name);
    public String getValue (String ns, String name);
  }

We talked about this a few months ago, but I'd be happy to hear what
people think now.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com