How about over 1,000,000 XHTML Namespace URIs?

Blair Murri BMurri at wavephore.net
Thu Sep 2 19:29:41 BST 1999

OK.  I don't know if currently multiple flavors of HTML are allowed in an
XHTML v.1 doc.  But, in my mind, that is about the only reason I can think
of for needing multiple namespaces for each flavor.  Validation is being
done with DTDs, you yourself said.  My understanding is that you declare the
DTD to use and go.  What advantage is gained by using seperate namespaces?
I don't see it, and the arguments on this mail-list haven't pointed this out
to me (unless it was to allow multiple flavors in the same doc).

Blair L. Murri
Sr. Programmer/etc.
WavePhore, Inc.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)