ANNOUNCE: xmlhack.com: developer news from the XML community
edd at usefulinc.com
Thu Sep 30 19:17:25 BST 1999
Please find below an announcement of a new XML news site, launched
xmlhack: developer news from the XML community
What is xmlhack.com?
xmlhack.com is a web site covering essential news, issues, opinions
and programming advice from the XML developer community.
It aims to:
* provide succinct and informative summaries of current issues and
emerging technologies in the XML world
* promote XML and its uses among developers: particularly with
those who don't have the time to read five mailing lists every
* recognize and reflect the distinct flavor of the XML community
* cover discussions as well as projects
* help new users find their way among the hundreds of different
directions XML is going
* give developers another way to find related projects and
Why another XML site?
There are some excellent XML resources already on the web, such as
Robin Cover's XML/SGML pages. Why do we think there ought to be
* Accessibility: it requires a lot of time to get deeply into XML
development issues. By reading xmlhack you get plain-language
introductions to technical matters before diving into the
* Community: we want to create somewhere that reflects the humor,
expertise and opinions of XML developers.
* Timeliness: xmlhack will help readers find projects and
discussions as they happen.
* Depth: xmlhack will provide context for news without requiring
readers to spend hours poring over a story.
Who runs xmlhack?
xmlhack.com was founded by Edd Dumbill, an XML developer and
writer. It also has the following contributing editors:
Gabe Beged-Dov is the XML Architect for Rogue Wave Software. He is
also Rogue Wave's representative to the W3C.
Simon St.Laurent: author of "XML: A Primer", "Building XML
Applications" and "Inside XML DTDs: Scientific and Technical", Simon
is is a technical writer and sometime Java developer. After spending
several years working in hypertext, he found XML and decided he was
Edd Dumbill ------/ a new media consultant, writer & technologist /--
| Director, Useful Information Company <http://usefulinc.com>
| Internet Director, Pharmalicensing <http://pharmalicensing.com>
: UK voice/msg: +44 702-093-6870 UK fax: +44 870-164-0230
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To unsubscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)
More information about the Xml-dev